Super Bowl, Schmuper Bowl. There’s but one kickoff that matters to me and it’s right around the corner. That’s right, folks, it’s nearly time for the 2012 Cycle Oregon Kickoff party, which takes place on Feb. 7 at the Tiger Woods Center on the Nike Campus in bucolic Beaverton. Doors open at 6:00 and announcements start at 7:00.
For those who can’t make it, you can now watch a live video feed of the announcement at www.cycleoregon.com.
As a reminder, this year registration is being handled ONLINE ONLY. This includes registration for the weekend event, the week event and Tent & Porter service. Registration opens at 9:00 pm Pacific. Based on the last few years, we expect this event to sell out very quickly — most likely in a matter of hours. If you want to make sure you get a spot, be online at the top of the hour. Here are some things you might also want to consider:
- The Nike Campus does not have a public wireless connection (though plenty of nearby places do — just make sure you pick a place and confirm they have service and will be open in advance).
- The registration system DOES work on mobile devices.
- There is no limit to the number of people a single person may register. However, the reservations aren’t made until payment is accepted at the end of the session, so dividing and conquering might be a better strategy than a single mass registration.
Although you won’t be able to sign up at the event, there are still plenty of reasons to be there these include — but are not limited to:
- Rekindling relationships with your extended Cycle Oregon family
- New friends
- Beer and wine
- Seeing photos of where we’ll be riding on the big screen (someone needs to be there to “Ooooooh and Ahhhhh” for the folks watching at home)
- Checking out this year’s jersey design in person
- Getting STOKED for training if you haven’t started already.